Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Saturday, 18 March 2017

Saga, at the northern tip of the Ariake Sea 2

The flashy and sensational flight show of dunlins , interspersed with skirmishing spoonbills proved very entertaining.




Black-faced Spoonbill, クロツラヘラサギ, struggling to keep their balance while fighting for a dry possy on this lonesome island of steel pipes. 






Dunlin, ハマシギ



Don't they look happy in their breeding plumes?





Noticed a single Bar-tailed Godwit, オオソリハシシギ. But actually there were 2








Go go Dunlins!



Finally some rest...



No comments:

Post a Comment