Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Fukuyoshi

I went to this place in Itoshima to study gulls. There were so many, and from a position below the wall It was hard to see their feet. I wished I hadn't forgotten my steps... :-(




A pretty adult Black-tailed Gull, ウミネコ  landed right in front of me.





This Vega Gull, セグロカモメ as well.


More gulls will follow (I hope) once I have sorted them out.
In a river nearby I watched the Eurasian Wigeons, ヒドリガモ playing in the surf.



There were 4 Pacific Reef Egrets, クロサギ











And a Grey Heron, アオサギ with a bright colored bill



I drove up the hills to a lake, but there was little bird activity and very little water







The presence of a Carrion Crow, ハシボソガラス accentuated the somber arid mood



Back in Imazu I longed for something green: Green Sandpiper, クサシギ



In the river was one single Far Eastern Curlew, ホウロクシギ



No comments:

Post a Comment