Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Saturday, 18 March 2017

Saga, at the northern tip of the Ariake Sea 1

14th of March was spring tide, a good time to catch up on migrating shorebirds.


Saunder’s Gull, ズグロカモメ 



About 350 of these vulnerable birds were counted.



I was surprised to see so many, about 50% with black heads. 







Kentish Plover, シロチドリ



Red-necked Stint, トウネン,still just a few.


Kentish Plover, シロチドリ and Red-necked Stint, トウネン sinking in the mud



Eurasian Oystercatcher, ミヤコドリ











No comments:

Post a Comment