Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Sunday, 12 March 2017

Crested Kingfisher, ヤマセミ , etcetera

The 2nd Sunday of March and it was a beautiful day! Hardly no wind, nice temperature, flowers, first butterflies and even some real nice birds.

male Crested Kingfisher, ヤマセミ


perching in a blossom tree.




Brown Dipper, カワガラスwith nesting materials? I thought that would be a bit late.







 Lots of  Asian House Martins, イワツバメ flying overhead



Plum blossom, still plenty.


 

My first butterfly of the year... have to catch up on their names...!



As wel a first: Rengeso,翹揺Astragalus Sinicus



I checked out this little shrine that was build after the old one was destroyed in a fire a few years ago.
Nice, all that new clean wood and metal fittings



The young Mute Swan, コブハクチョウ that came to visit found a more sheltered place. It was preening  in the pond and stretched its wings just as I drove by. 







No comments:

Post a Comment