Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 16 March 2017

Hikosan

Although Hikosan is in Fukuoka prefecture, it takes 2 hours to drive there from our home and I don't go there usually. But last month, when we didn't have any fixed plans we went there to check it out.
I don't know any birding locations at all and wandering around a bit. Suddenly I stumbled upon a big herd of deer. I wonder if these are the Japanese Sika deer, they didn't have any spots.







I watched them for a while. A Winter Wren, ミソサザイ started singing briefly. It was only 4 C, but the sun was shining and it felt like spring.



Near the parking lot I noticed many finches in a garden. Somebody had set up a feeder. It was an awkward situation. I didn't like the way it was set up, yet I couldn't resist a peek.

Varied Tit, ヤマガラ

Below Eurasian Nuthatch, ゴジュウカラ.  A common bird in many parts of Japan, but here in Kyushu we have to go to the higher mountains to see them.

 

 




Eurasian Jay, カケス





The Grey-capped Greenfinches, カワラヒワ seemed to enjoy the party most











That was Hikosan


No comments:

Post a Comment