Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Thursday, 16 March 2017

Hikosan

Although Hikosan is in Fukuoka prefecture, it takes 2 hours to drive there from our home and I don't go there usually. But last month, when we didn't have any fixed plans we went there to check it out.
I don't know any birding locations at all and wandering around a bit. Suddenly I stumbled upon a big herd of deer. I wonder if these are the Japanese Sika deer, they didn't have any spots.







I watched them for a while. A Winter Wren, ミソサザイ started singing briefly. It was only 4 C, but the sun was shining and it felt like spring.



Near the parking lot I noticed many finches in a garden. Somebody had set up a feeder. It was an awkward situation. I didn't like the way it was set up, yet I couldn't resist a peek.

Varied Tit, ヤマガラ

Below Eurasian Nuthatch, ゴジュウカラ.  A common bird in many parts of Japan, but here in Kyushu we have to go to the higher mountains to see them.

 

 




Eurasian Jay, カケス





The Grey-capped Greenfinches, カワラヒワ seemed to enjoy the party most











That was Hikosan


No comments:

Post a Comment