Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Wednesday, 25 January 2012

New Zealand 7


Always enticing me to follow them, the California Quails.

male

female







They seem to think the world belongs to them, muttering about in gardens, taking the chicks for a walk on the driveway



  

Fluttering up to take place on a post, treetop or L&M’s new sophisticated garden umbrella to get a better view.


Lining the road towards town, ever so pretty Agapanthus


  



The Spurred-winged Plovers are self-introduced Lapwings from Australia.



They use their nail-like spurs like weapons
It gives these birds an unfriendly, vicious image.

Extended spurs before landing


Another Pohutukawa shot, this time with a House Sparrow. 











No comments:

Post a Comment