Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 17 January 2012

New Zealand 3


Variable Oystercatchers, always present on the nearby beaches where they feed on shellfish, often in groups.

The black or black and white birds with their bright orange eyes and bills are quite photogenic.
I couldn't get enough, thus these many images.






  
 



  
Found a pipi!

And another one



braving the waves at Kowharewa Bay

at Ngurunguru

  
At first I thought the all blacks were original and the ones with white spotting were hybrids, but they all seem to be of the Variable sort. Hence the name...
with babies







resting on the grass
  

Now, that's enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment