Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 5 October 2023

October WBSJ meeting

 The 1st Sunday of the month, I went to Imazu for the WBSJ meeting. A flock of small ducks flew by. We found them in the river. The first Wigeons, ヒドリガモ of the season had arrived. With them were 6 Garganeys, シマアジ




During high tide on the concrete wall was 1 Common Redshank, アカアシシギ among the usual Greenshanks, アオアシシギ. A Godwit was there as well, but I didn't get it on the picture.



Way up high: seems to be a Kestrel. チョウゲンボウ



One Whimbrel, チュウシャクシギ patrolling a large sports field all by itself



In the afternoon I went back to the river and found 2 Bar-tailed Godwits, オオソリハシシギ











The Wigeons, ヒドリガモ were there and the Garganeys, シマアジ as well



After talking about Snipes, I tried my luck and found one that might not be a common. Who knows??
ジシギ?



And then for the 3rd time, Curlews on the road
Far-Eastern Curlew, ホウロクシギ




No comments:

Post a Comment