Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 26 October 2023

Eurasian Kestrel, チョウゲンボウ

 Winter visitors have arrived. In the ponds I see various ducks. The spoonbills are roaming the mudflats and redstarts pop up at every corner. Ojurin Reed buntings were calling in the reeds, but I could not see them. However, the Wrynecks have come out hiding, chased by the shrikes and the redstarts. There are Hawks and Falcons, most noticeable the Kestrel. Below a female and her meal


female Eurasian Kestrel, チョウゲンボウ





A Magpie trying to get its share, カササギ







The Praying Mantis seems to be praying for its life...



Ahh, the Kestrel ate its head.



Yummy? 



Go get some more



No comments:

Post a Comment