Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 4 October 2023

Last birds of September

  It's October! Autumn has fully landed on us. But in my PC I still find summer. Below a collection of the birds that I saw in Imazu (mostly) in the last week or so of September. One day, it was just after a period of strong wind, I found many new arrivals at the end of the afternoon. In the river were 3 Black-winged Stilts, セイタカシギ and 5 Marsh Sandpipers, コアオアシシギ



Black-winged Stilts, セイタカシギ



crab for dinner





In the few fields that held some water I saw them too:
Marsh Sandpiper, コアオアシシギ



Black-winged Stilt, セイタカシギ 



Red-necked Stints トウネンwere feeding right at the side of the road. Too close, really. I could not get out of the car.









It's past 4 pm; the light is fading









There was the occasional Wood Sandpiper, タカブシギ, still from the week before I think



And again, Curlews on the road!
Far-eastern Curlew, ホオロクシギ





Nearly forgot... The next day there was a Peregrine Falcon, ハヤブサ flushing all the small waders before I could get a good look...





No comments:

Post a Comment