Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 6 November 2022

Misfortunes in the mountains, part 1

The weather was good. Too good maybe. I didn't know what to expect. Would there be any Flycatchers? Had Thrushes arrived? Were flowers still in bloom? The morning was cold, but temps rose to 20C. Many hikers came to look at the koyo, autumn colors, though the best was over I heard.


Choojabaru



I started off with a flycatcher. Turning its back to me, was probably a Narcissus Flycatcher, キビタキ
The only one that day



Small birds could be heard up in the top of the trees. This Nuthatch, ゴジュウカラ showed itself briefly



The Mayumi tree had many red berries. A Pygmy Woodpecker, コゲラ enjoyed itself with these. It looked great, but I could not get it on the photo. Not better than this 



マユミ, Hamilton's Spindletree



Several Woodpeckers were foraging for insects on tree trunks. I could not see the whole bird. Below the head of a White-rumped Woodpecker, アカゲラ Followed by just the body  😢😢



Flowers were mostly finished. I found the last Thunberg's Chive, ヤマラッキョウ



Because of the dry weather of late I didn't expect many fungi and was happy to see this beauty





No comments:

Post a Comment