Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 10 November 2022

Misfortunes in the mountains, part 2

Continuing my walk around the Mt Kuju area my luck improved a little at the end of the afternoon, when a small flock of Thrushes landed not too far from me. I was pleased to see them with some autumn colors in the back 

Eyebrowed Thrushes, マミチャジナイ






Red Underwing, エゾベニシタバ


But then, at the river I JUST missed the Crested Kingfisher, ヤマセミ 😢





All that was left were 2 Brown Dippers, カワガラス



Another Mayumi tree with red berries. マユミ, Hamilton's Spindletree. Spectacular!



The noisy calls of a Chinese Hwamei, ガビチョウ betrayed its hiding spot. It came out briefly, but... I missed it. 😢



Heading to a look-out point for the sunset, but the dramatic colors of the day before were not repeated


In the far distance: Shika Deer, シカ










That's how it is, sometimes. We cannot always be lucky. Time for a bath.





No comments:

Post a Comment