Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 30 April 2021

April in the mountains

From several mountains, high and low, Fukuoka and beyond a compilation. Starting up high in Oita:


Japanese Thrush, クロツグミ Singing from the very top of the highest tree





Flying between those trees: Eurasian Jay, カケス



Briefly stopping in front of me: Willow Tit, コガラ





Near the river, also singing loud: Eurasian Wren, ミソサザエ






Mid April, a bit early for flycatchers, but I could here some and caught some glimpses of the usual ones

A brief stop at a field that had just been burned: Chestnut-eared Bunting, ホオアカ







It was raining, but a flock of 30+ Buff-bellied Pipits, タヒバリ didn't seem to notice. I had never seen these birds at an elevation of about 1000m



Lower mountains around Fukuoka:

2 Asian Brown Flycatchers, コサメビタキ preparing a nest so it seems





Looking happy!



The trees are thick with foliage already. Are there no caterpilars to eat the leafs? I could here the flycatchers, but saw nothing. Just these noisy buggers, Red-billed Leiothrix, ソウシチョウ





Finally after a week I got one: Narcissus Flycather, キビタキ




Alah, out of focus  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment