Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 21 September 2023

Oriental Stork, コウノトリ and some more

 Suddenly, alongside a small road that Jaap decided to take on our way from Mt Daisen to Mt Sambe.


Oriental Stork, コウノトリ











At the foot of Mt. Sambe I found the Ghost flowers, ナンバンギセル in full bloom



A Fritillary that flew by seemed to be the Anadyomene Fritillary, クモガタヒョウモン




All those Fritillaries look so much alike... it's difficult

Below the Hototogisu flower again, Japanese Toad Lily, ホトトギス


detailed



This bugger was locked in a public toilet
ハラアカコブカミキリ??



In Yamaguchi, near the Taman River: On our walk to the beach there were many crabs hurrying out of our way, fleeing in the bush or up the trees



That's where I saw this species. Is it Kimadara Modoki? キマダラモドキ?
No, I learned it is the Large Brown, オオヒカゲ, Ninguta schrenckii
What a dull name in English, for such a special Butterfly. It's not much bigger than the Dryad







And surprisingly 1 Chestnut-cheeked Starling, コムクドリ?


One more toilet resque: Japanese Giant Silkmoth, クスサン




And this is the end of our summer trip to Shiga prefecture and back. There was so much to see, I'm thinking, when can we go again?

No comments:

Post a Comment