Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 21 September 2023

More of Tottori

  Mt. Daisen was good for birds, but the flowers and insects were also worth a picture. I was particularly happy to see this first butterfly


Small Labyrinth, ヒメキマダラヒカゲ


My 3rd time ever to see it.




Once at Mt Kuju, near Makinoto, the other time also at Mt Daisen.



At Masumizu Several Burnt-spot Hummingbird Hawkmoths, ホシホウジャク were active during the day.




I was looking for the Pin Cushion flower. Found it!


Below with a clear-winged Hawkmoth, オオスカシバ?







Ikarimonga, イカリモンガ



Hototogisu, ホトトギス  Not the bird, but the flower. One seems to have been named after the other. But which one came first?



Japanese Ginseng, トチバニンジン



Not a butterfly, but a moth: Japanese Swallowtail Edashaku, ウスキツバメエダシャク



From Mt. Ouginosen: Himekimadara Seseri, ヒメキマダラセセリ





Hosoba Seseri, ホソバセセリ



Large Map butterfly, サカハチチョウ



Silver-washed Fritillary, ミドリヒョウモン




Dark Green Fritillary, ギンボシヒョウモン



Swallowtail moth, アゲハモドキ



Tsuru Ninjin, ツルニンジン  (Vine carrot)

No comments:

Post a Comment