Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 15 September 2023

Mt Ibuki in August 3: Birds and butterflies

 One spectacular sight is the fields of Sarashina Shoma. The slopes of the upper mountain are covered with the tall white bottle brush plumes, swaying in the wind. I roamed the fields looking for small birds but saw very few. I heard Jays and Woodpecker calls from the woods below me and I saw some flycatchers chasing each other but it was too remote. The first day there were few butterflies, but after that, when the sun broke through, the big migrating butterflies appeared.


Chestnut Tiger, アサギマダ on Sarashina Shoma, サラシナショウマ







None of the exotic ones, just an Indian Fritillary, ツマグロヒョウモン



Caterpillar of Old World Swallowtail, キアゲハ幼虫 on Angelica pubescens, シシウド







The only birds I encountered:
Coal Tit, ヒガラ





Asian Brown Flycatcher, コサメビタキ



Meadow Bunting, ホオジロ adult...



...and young




No comments:

Post a Comment