Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 24 September 2023

Imazu in September

On the 18th I found 5 Garganeys in a water-logged field north of the river. There weren't any waders in sight and I moved on towards the west

Garganeys, シマアジ  3 of 5 birds. Or maybe they are Teals, コガモ as well....







I stopped at several potential fields to see who was there. Finally, a single Long-toed Stint, ヒバリシギ came in view



At the usual ponds were 2 Terns, Both Whiskered Terns, クロハラアジサシ 





This 2nd bird a bit smaller, may be a White-winged Terns, ハジロクロハラアジサシ.
I stand corrected. This bird is a juvenile Whiskered Tern, the previous on a non-breeding adult.





I continued my search, thinking visiting birds must be somewhere, it's just me not being able to get here earlier in the day... Then, in a dry uncultivated field I saw 3 Wood Sandpipers, タカブシギ Why were they there???
Was the water in the paddy fields too deep?



At the edge of a rice field a Zitting cisticola, セッカ was not expecting any traffic on the small road and looked at me kind of angry



However, the Common Snipes, タシギ showed up a lot between the rice plants, as if to make sure we know they are here.



A Moorhen, バン was chasing very small chicks that had fallen into a ditch. I hope they are safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment