Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 5 September 2023

Migrating birds on September 4th

 After 2 weeks absence I was keen to check the fields. At 8am I found 2 Black-winged Stilts, セイタカシギ in the first location, but nothing else.




A Ruddy Breasted Crake, ヒクイナ showed up briefly, though





Moving west I passed several potential fields with nothing but herons and egrets and eventually came across 1 Red-necked Stint, トウネン









In the back was 1 Long-toed Stint, ヒバリシギ


And that was it



But... The Snipes are back! タシギ


The days of 30-40 birds in one field have long passed, but I was happy to count 12 birds here in this corner of the west.


It's often a bit of a guess, but I think these are all Common Snipes, タシギ


Some differ in color. Grey-ish and brown-ish. Male and female?



Among them 2 or 3 Wood Sandpipers, タカブシギ



At another field 1 more Black-winged Stilt, セイタカシギ







And last 3 Golden Plovers, ムナグロ at a dry bit of corn land


This road must have something special. There are always many Barn Swallows, ツバメ on one patch of concrete. What are they eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment