Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 10 September 2023

Mt Ibuki in August 1: Golden Eagle

During our short summer break, we drove all the way to Shiga pref. to visit Mt. Ibuki. I wanted to get a glimpse of a Golden Eagle, of course. And watch the sunrise from the top. The first thing was surprisingly easy. Against all my expectations a pair flew by real close. 

We had to wait at the gate all morning because the weather had been bad. When we were allowed to drive up it was midafternoon, so once at our destination we decided to just look around a bit. There was a thick cloud cover, but we did a short hike to the top. The clouds melted away and we were delighted by the views and cool air. There were lots of flowers and we took a D-tour back to the parking lot. It was then, when I was gazing at some Stinkbugs and a Horned Dung Beetle that Jaap said: What are they? 2 raptors were slowly flying by... A pair of Golden Eagles! With just my small lens I managed these photos and was soooo happy!


Golden Eagle, イヌワシ  maybe female



Zoomed in it clearly shows the power and the majesty


The clouds had only just cleared. I felt so lucky!



once more zoomed in



A bit more misty, but only about 30m from where we stood. She is taking her time, looking for prey.



Trailing behind, the male (probably) About to disappear in the clouds behind us



Look at that stern face! 



The Stinkbugs, Red-horned Stinkbug, セアカツノカメムシ we were looking at



Gathered at the top of a pole



Red-horned Stinkbug, ベニモンツノカメムシ chose a lovely spot to reproduce



It looked like a mini Rhinoceros beetle (Kabuto Mushi, カブトムシ) when I found it
Horned Dung beetle, ツノコガネ



The young fawn, シカ didn't expect us on the way up



Lesser Paper wasps, all on one bamboo leave. The one on the left below seems bigger than the others. These wasps have a queen as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment