Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 3 May 2012

Mt Dasyueshan, Taiwan. Day 2

Leaving the mikado's we drove as far up as the road went, to about 2500m. From here it was a short hike to the border of the broadleaf forest. It was still early and at some places still dark. My young companions had fast legs and I could feel the weight of my camera and bino's. But the flycatchers and bushrobins made me lightfooted. There were Tits, Flamecrests and Parrotbills in the treetops and a monkey in the shadows.
Yuhina's in the Rhododendron flowers would not wait for me to focus, but the Rosefinches (next post) at the parking lot had no problem with that.


Flamecrest, Taiwan endemic



      

Ferruginous Flycatcher, migrant



Taiwan Rock Monkey (Macaque)



Collared Bush Robin, Male. Taiwan endemic


 




Collared Bush Robin, female



We saw these robins at the start of the trail, where we could constantly hear them calling.
  


Taiwan Yuhina


      

Lychen and fungus


One of many sp. of Rhododendron

1 comment:

  1. Wow Maria, again so many nice pictures.
    Thanx for sharing them with us.
    Hope there are manymnay more to come.
    Salute,
    jay

    ReplyDelete