Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 3 January 2024

Winter trip 2

 Cranes at sunrise. It was a magnificent sight again, to watch the cranes flying towards their feeding ground. There seemed to be less than other years. Maybe more birds chose to stay around the center in the west?





Among the thousands of Hooded Cranes and White-naped Cranes were a few others, like the Sandhill Crane, カナダヅル below. 3 Birds that seemed to be a family. A 4th bird was seen by itself.






There were supposed to be 6 Common Cranes, クロヅル. I found 2







The big White-naped Cranes, マナヅル can make quite a fuzz when one comes too close to the other. They also like to make themselves known in a loud voice with lots of imposing poses in the crane dance to enforce the bond with a mate.




Territorial dispute






I lost!... 負けた


No comments:

Post a Comment