Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 28 January 2024

Red-breasted Flycatcher in the west, 西区の ニシオジロビタキ

 Another rainy day - on Sunday, our day off! 

I wanted to go to that field in the NE, but I have yet to get a chance. There are some interesting birds there, one of them a Red-breasted Flycatcher, ニシオジロビタキ. I was thinking about it, but decided to go to the nearest park, 5 min. from home. Lots of White-eyes were noisily moving around. Between them a Goldcrest, キクイタダキ high up. When I came to the spot where the R-b Flycatcher was seen 10 years ago I got a surprise. Who is that? Another R-b Flycatcher!

Not as friendly as some I had to wait a bit for it to come out. While waiting I saw the Red-flanked Bluetail, ルリビタキand guess what? A small raptor flew out of the trees. Not bigger than a pigeon. Japanese Sparrowhawk, ツミ?! Maybe that was the bird Mr. K. had seen...


Red-breasted Flycatcher, ニシオジロビタキ

















Red-flanked Bluetail, ルリビタキ





Goldcrest, キクイタダキ



After the rain



No comments:

Post a Comment