Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 2 January 2024

Around Imazu in December 2

On wintery days there is little color and contrast in my photos. Light is important, the more so when it is reflected in water

Black-crowned Night Heron, ゴイサギ







At their usual place I found 5 adult birds. Juveniles could be seen through the branches, but I could not count them



Eurasian Spoonbills, ヘラサギ seem to like the fields.
They don't need to turn their head to see who is behind.



The thrushes arrived late and there are not as many as usual.
Dusky Thrush, ツグミ



A Sparrowhawk, ハイタカ flies across the 2 lakes very often.
Is that why I don't see Crakes and Rails?



The Ospreys, ミサゴ favor the creek right now. 



They usually perch on utility poles, but sometimes one sits in a tree




Our female Hen Harrier, ハイイロチュウヒ doing her rounds





Last: our Kestrel, チョウゲンボウ






No comments:

Post a Comment