Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 14 December 2021

Higashiyoka Tidal flats part 1: Spoonbills, Avocet.

December 6, the day after spring tide. Since high tide was around 11am I could sleep in a bit and didn't need to hurry to get there in time. After a 2nd cup of coffee I wandered down the slope of the sea wall and immediately got overwhelmed by the sound of 1000s of shorebirds. 


The weather was clear. Sunny and warm. The sunlight a bit too strong for the camera, There was a big flock of Spoonbills, I counted about 60 on one side of the area. Another group was further west. I can see the Black-faced Spoonbills every day in winter in Fukuoka, but not often this close in big numbers. 

Black-faced Spoonbill, クロツラヘラサギ









Eurasian Spoonbill, ヘラサギ  juvenile



 I was so busy watching them, I nearly missed the Avocets

Pied Avocet, ソリハシセイタカシギ  8 adults and 1 juvenile







Spotted Redshank, ツルシギ








To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment