Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 16 December 2021

Cinereous Vulture, クロハゲワシ

 It was huge. Sitting in a rice field that seemed too small. It didn't fit. Still the bird was there and it had arrived all by itself. I wonder why though. I was surprised at his or her face. Grotesk, yes, but gentle. Everything seemed gentle about this big bird. Not at all as how I remembered his cousins in Ecuador who were feasting on a big dead animal, a horse or something. That was gruesome. Not like that. The crows were pulling his feathers, trying to land in his head, but only occasionally did he shoo them off. 










How dare you!



Everything is so big.



Big bill.






Big feet!



Big wings





A very stylish appearance with fluffy neckfeathers and epaulettes.







And then he flew











Magnificent!







His company of crows followed; he won't feel lonely







No comments:

Post a Comment