Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 16 July 2021

Boobook, アオバズク babies in the storm

I went to see the young Boobooks (アオバズク) yesterday. 2 Babies and their parents were perched in a tree where I could see them quite well, though there was no point for clear pictures of all of them together. They were sleeping most of the time and I hung around, waiting for some action. Which we got! Suddenly the wind picked up, came from all directions and hell broke loose. I stayed near the tree to see if I could do anything in case the babies lost their footing (The parents seemed ok) but eventually had to take shelter from the rain. When the rain stopped I went out again to find the birds in a different tree, but only 3. One baby was missing! I searched for an hour and found it in some rubble half under the tree. It was ok! One of the parents was not too far away and was keeping an eye on it.

The video is bad, sorry. I never do video and I had difficulties keeping the camera straight and standing up. Please look anyway. I’m extremely happy to be able to say that it all ended well.


Before: A quiet and relaxed parent (mother?) 



One of the chicks woke up for about 5 minutes











The bird that went missing



Then the wind came. 2 Very alert and anxious parents





After the storm, 1 parent and child.







No comments:

Post a Comment