Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 2 July 2021

2 Kentish Plovers, シロチドリ

The beach was mostly quiet and the 2 birds had it all to themselves. They ran up and down and seemed to have fun. I didn't see any chicks, although there was some movement behind the concrete blocks.

One of the 2 had no toes on one foot. It didn't seem to bother him. The stump looked ok. Maybe not an injury but congenital. 

Are these the 2 birds that were born earlier this year?






female




Watching me watching you
I sat quietly on the edge of the beach. The curious bird came closer and closer







Male. Living with a handicap is hard enough for us. Most birds don't get much of a chance.
But this guy seems to be doing fine.




Run run, I can run!





Oops, a dog on the beach...










Other stuff on the beach: Pellucid Hawk moth or Coffee Bee Hawkmoth, オオスカシバ


Indian fritillary pair (ツマグロヒョウモン)



Beach Vitex, ハマゴウ 



Chinese spiranthes, ネジバナ


No comments:

Post a Comment