Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 7 July 2021

A small colony of Striated Heron, ササゴイ

When I received a message I could not imagine this. So many birds' nests near a shopping center? I went to see it the very next day. And yes, it was true! I'm not always a big fan of nest photography when there is no proper distance possible, but in this case, right next to that big shopping mall, with a constant stream of people walking by, I didn't think I was that much of an intruder. Staying out of the shopper's way was a bigger concern. 😀








There were 5 nests and chicks seemed to be just anywhere in the few trees that lined the road.

























Why did the birds decide to nest here? Is a crowded place like this safer then a park or forest?

No comments:

Post a Comment