Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 28 July 2020

Little Grebes again, また カイツブリ

With all this rain I wondered how the last family was doing and I went to see them again.
The nest was still there in the pond. Both parents were very busy looking after 4 little chicks. So cute! 1 Egg remained in the nest. That means what was left of the nest. It was half the original size and looked very shallow.  The 2 adult birds worked hard to keep it in a reasonable condition, adding weeds and leaves, rearranging them where necessary. They seemed to know what they were doing. I watched them and the babies for a few minutes and moved on.


Little heads popping out of Mum's fluffy feathers



Already good swimmers, able to leaf the nest briefly









The last egg, will nr 5 make it to this world?







Not yet 1 week old, cute as hell!




No comments:

Post a Comment