Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 18 July 2020

LittleTerns, コアジサシ

A colony of how many? 60 birds? was formed on top of a sand hill right next to the beach. From the nearby park I could hear the birds as soon as I got there. There were about 20 birds circeling the hill. Some with fish.








I keenly observed the ones landing hoping to see a nest and maybe some fledgelings. 
That proved real hard, I was standing below the top level and only the few birds that landed on the edge were visible to me.













I did not notice any baby life what so ever. But there were birds sitting tight in one place and they must have been nests. I think I saw an egg or 2, but with all the pebbels it was hard to tell.









Other birds that I saw there were 1 Black-headed Gull, ユリカモメ; 1 Kentish Plover, シロチドリand 1 Grey-tailed Tattler, キアシシギ









No comments:

Post a Comment