Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 4 March 2020

Visit to Saga 1; European Golden Plover, ヨーロッパムナグロ

The scene at the mudflats during low tide. All birds so far away from us. 2 determined birders from Osaka managed to locate the rare European Golden Plover with their scopes. I would never have found it by myself.



Between the Bar-tailed Godwit, オオソリハシシギ and the Common Shelduck,  ツクシガモ is the European Golden Plover, ヨーロッパムナグロ - sleeping soundly.



Waking up, trying a few steps



But staying around the same puddle - far away



Many Saunders's Gulls, ズグロカモメ; their heads turning black for summer plumage



At another field nearby: Female Merlin, コチョウゲンボウ






No comments:

Post a Comment