Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Shikanoshima

On a cold sunny day we toured the island in search of migrating birds. There were grebes, ducks and loons out there, but no big flocks and too far for my gear. I will stick to the rocks near the coast:

Temminck's or Japanese Cormorant, ウミウ





And a few Pelagic Cormorants, ヒメウ. Easy to distinguish from the others by their smaller size and green color.



Right in front of a small parking lot a pair of Ospreys, ミサゴ on their nest













High up on the top of the highest mast a Peregrine Falcon, ハヤブサ watching us



No comments:

Post a Comment