Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 16 March 2020

European Golden Plover, ヨーロッパムナグロ

My 2nd attempt to get reasonable images of the foreign visitor in Saga. And they turned out a bit better then 10 days before. Once the bird was located in the crowd it was easy to follow among all the other plovers, the hundreds of Grey Plovers, ダイゼン thanks to the golden color, small head and bill, slender posture. Pretty bird.










The white coloring under the wings distinguishes it from the Pacific Golden Plover, which is colored grey there. Just as well there weren't any of those, the European would be so hard to find!







No comments:

Post a Comment