Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 20 May 2018

Waders around west Fukuoka

Where are they? Where have they gone?
Just a few birds were seen in the last week or 2. One rainy day about 20 Wood Sandpipers stayed in the watered field near the farm. A few Dunlins were still with them, as well as a couple other small birds, 2 or 3 Long-toed Stints, 2 Sharp-tailed Sandpipers and a Terek Sandpiper. Then a small group of Greenshanks landed, I noticed one with red legs and bill and I jumped up as if I was seeing a rare migrant!

Dunlin, ハマシギ



 Long-toed Stint, ヒバリシギ...



...seeking protection from the larger Wood Sandpipers, タカブシギ





Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ



Terek Sandpiper, ソリハシシギ on the right





Common Greenshank, アオアシシギ



Common Redshank, アカアシシギ





The Cattle Egrets, アマサギ were still around and they found a 3rd mate. 











Coming back home I had some visitors :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment