Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 13 May 2018

At the island, 100 Flycatchers and a Dollarbird, ブッポウソウ



I went to Oro on the 12th. The weather was great. Sunny, warm, hardly any wind and not from the north. It was so very quiet in the morning, I walked around, but heard and saw nothing. Even crows, kites and bulbuls seemed to be sleeping. I had nearly given up, started to walk back to the harbor. A southern breeze had picked up. Suddenly I heard small voices, far but coming closer. Then I saw a Brown Flycatcher, and another one, another one, 2,3, more. There must have been a hundred! 100 or more!

Asian Brown Flycatcher, コサメビタキ











Every tree had 1 or 2. I searched the branches for something different
Far away was a Dark-sided Flycatcher, サメビタキ



And, much further in the distance a Dollarbird, ブッポウソウ







On the side of the road an Olive-backed Pipit, ビンズイ







1 single Intermediate Egret, チュウサギ



At sea: Streaked Shearwaters, オオミズナギドリ










No comments:

Post a Comment