Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Sunday, 20 April 2014

Migrating birds in Fukuoka 2

The highlight of the season is when the Japanese Robins arrive. They hide in the darkest bushes, like Rhododendrons and hedges and occasionally come out for just a few seconds to pick at some insect. Every now and then there is one that isn't shy and comes out right in front of you as if saying: didn't you bring my food for the day?

Japanese Robin,  コマドリ


The first male, oddly at a very bright place.



Number 2 in the early morning




singing!



An intruder, Mr or Mrs Yabusame, also on the way in and out.
Asian Stubtail Warbler,   ヤブサメ 


The male robin again, being curious



And nr 3, a female this time.



Nr 4?


There must have been 5 or 6 birds in the vicinity, we could hear their songs coming from several directions. If I'd had all the time of the day I might have found them all...



Japanese Wild Iris,   シャガ  (Iris japonica)

No comments:

Post a Comment