Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 24 October 2022

Tundra Swan, コハクチョウ

The 2 birds arrived in fields in the afternoon of the 24th, while I was watching a raptor. Suddenly they were there. I had not seen them flying. But they didn't hang around long, the river had more to offer I guess.




Late afternoon, the light of the sun was still harsh, but the fields got that golden glow.
The 2 swans both have buff-colored feathers on their head and breasts, which I mistook for juvenile plumage at first. But young swans are grey.
Apparently the discoloring can appear when they swim in iron containing waters.

As the sun hides behind the clouds, the grey-green colors retun




Things swans do





And they fly











Found them again

















It marks the beginning of winter.
It sure became cold today!

No comments:

Post a Comment