Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 15 March 2021

Oriental Stork, コウノトリ

 In the first week of March I finally got to see the Oriental Storks. My 4th attempt! Yet there were only 2 of the initial 7 :-( 



Both only 10 month old, one a male, the other a female and according to the rings not from the same nest. First the girl:





Below with the Stilt who was still around



Next the male. Below with a Grey Heron, アオサギ for comparison. Who thought herons were big?










The female has much softer features than the male and seems less mature


Once more to compare with the Spoonbills, (クロツラ) ヘラサギ




No comments:

Post a Comment