Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 20 March 2021

Japanese Green Woodpecker, アオゲラ

 March 14th I think I was the only birder in town who had not seen the 2 Green Woodpeckers yet. There was the expected group of photographers, but not too many. Most had moved on to greener pastures I guess. The birds were there most of the time for anyone to see. The background was light, so people were hoping for them to come down, but that didn't happen. There were also a lot of Pale thrushes, シロハラ, Long-tailed Rosefinches, ベニマシコ, a couple of Bullfinches, ウソ and many cats!










Male and female in one tree. Below the male.















Pale thrush, シロハラ



Long-tailed Rosefinch, ベニマシコ











male Grey-bellied Bullfinch, ウソ


Feathers from another (unlucky) bird that got caught by a raptor. At a different location


No comments:

Post a Comment