Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 17 February 2020

Hen Harriers, ハイイロチュウヒ

The morning was thick with fog. A purplish-white mass hung in the fields and would not burn off for 4 hours.







Birds were hard to detect, but then they didn't seem to mind my presence. A few Hen Harriers were hunting. The conditions were absolutely no good for light-colored birds, but I doubt if I'd have had this encounter on any sunny day. The male came in flying low and hung around for nearly 2 hours, often hiding in the growth, flying at times for about 10 min.
















Other Harriers joined the hunt. One appeared to be a female Hen Harrier...




... The other (below) an Eastern Marsh Harrier












No comments:

Post a Comment