Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 8 July 2024

Boobook, or Brown Hawk Owl, アオバズク chicks have left the nest!

On July 7th 2 Chicks had left the nest. They were perched up high with parents nearby. Hooray!








The Samurai orchids are doing very well this year. Are there more flowers than last year? Or is it that I spent more time searching?



The next day I didn't see any birds in the Usual Kusu (Camphor) tree. I was told many visitors had come the previous day. Did they get scared? I looked carefully. Young birds cannot fly that far yet. It took a while in the darkish morning to locate them



2 Chicks and a parent. The other parent (way below) was not visible from where I stood.













Mother?


I was wondering if a 3rd chick was on the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment