Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 13 April 2024

Blue-and-white Flycatcher, オオルリ in the woods

 April 5th was supposed to be my lucky day. I saw everything I wanted to see in a short time. The Stilts, the Garganeys, the Godwits, etc etc. And the price of the day: 2 Narcissus Flycatchers. But when I came home I had no images of the flycatchers! Switching to a different make of camera comes with its price as well... My fingers are so used to Nikon, they incidently deleted things on the Sony. Boooohhh! So I have no Narcissus Flycatcher to show. Although one sat right in front of me for a full minute...

Move on. The next lucky day was the 6th, when I saw a Blue-and-white Flycatcher, オオルリ.... in the woods! It had probably just arrived. That made up for my previous loss. 良かった!


Blue-and-white Flycatcher, オオルリ









On the way home I stopped to watch the Asian House Martins, イワツバメ gathering materials for their nests







And as a bonus a Crested Kingfisher, ヤマセミ stopped briefly on the wire.






No comments:

Post a Comment