Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Sunday, 5 April 2015

Birding at sea 3: Falcons, Cormorants and a majestic start of the day











Eboshijima


When we got here at mid-morning the place was packed with Cormorants, mostly Temmink's but also Pelagic, their favorite resting spot marked by white droppings





On top of the lighthouse a Peregrine Falcon, ハヤブサ is looking out for prey.
The presence of a second bird suggests it's a nesting site.








More cormorants around Genkai shima




No comments:

Post a Comment