Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 19 April 2015

Ashy Minivet, サンショウクイ and its cousins

A sanshoukui is usually heard before seen. Their voice is clear and peppery, like sanshou, Japanese Pepper. They miss the bright colors of their SE Asian realives, but are pretty nevertheless. This week in Fukuoka:










Below the Short-billed Minivet in Thailand, 2013 the female is yellow, the male bright red





And a male Grey-chinned Minivet in Taiwan, 2012



To make my collection complete: The Ryukyu Ashy Minivet,  リュウキュウ サンショウクイ
in the hills around Fukuoka, May 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment