Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Monday, 6 April 2015

Another trip at sea 2, Cormorants etc


Cormorants again. In grey-ish weather we can't quite see the birds' colors, however their profile doesn't look too bad.




Again a bit of light makes all the difference



Below 2 Pelagic Cormorants, ヒメウ (in front and far left) and 3 Temminck's, ウミウ



Temminck’s Cormorant ウミウ



This time we scored 3 Falcons, all of them seemed to have a nest. Peregrine Falcon, ハヤブサ













A pair of Ospreys, ミサゴ on the very top;



And the dark morph of Pacific Reef Egret, the only one we can see here in Japan. クロサギ



On the other side of  Genkai Island Loons were feeding in a big flock.
Pacific Loon, シロエリオオハム




It must be good to live around Genkaishima


1 comment:

  1. Is there anything quite as magnificent as a peregrine?

    ReplyDelete