Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Sunday, 22 February 2015

クイナ, Water Rail

When I checked this small field I noticed a rail scorching for food. Whenever he found a morsel, mostly worms, he would quickly take it to the water edge, where he washed it down. The birds around him, coots, hens, snipes and ducks took no notice and I realized how small he was. He was moving a lot faster than the others and maybe that’s why he got lucky with that frog.







so small... 小さいなあ



 A little smaller then the Moorhen, バン より小さい
(move on!)



Much smaller than the Coot, オオバンよりめっちゃ小ちゃい



And the Mallard, マガモも



Found a worm... ミミズ


Run to the stream... 急いで
Wash it and eat! 洗って食べる



Wow, big frog! 大きな(・∀・)カエル!!


 Full...  満腹


Better go take a nap now. (´-ω-`*) お休み


今日の勉強: 満腹 まんぷく I'm full!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful photos. Congrats. Can't say we have seen many birds in the Maldives but then there is very little land.

    ReplyDelete