Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Monday, 16 March 2015

Hokkaido 2015 part 1

We added a birding day to our annual ski trip in Hokkaido. The previous year I noticed a number of small birds around the ski resort and I had high expectations. That's hardly ever good...
The resort had nothing but 1 Woodpecker, a Grey-headed one, high up in the trees.

Grey-headed Woodpecker,  ヤマゲラ




The bird sat here for quite a while. I tried to work my way up to higher grounds, but the snow was over a meter deep. I didn't get far. There were a few Tits around, mostly Great Tits and Coal tits.

Japanese Great Tit,  シジュウカラ





Coal tit, ヒガラ










Not much, but the skiing was good.

'


(last photo by Jaap)


No comments:

Post a Comment