Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Hokkaido part 3

We missed out on the Black Woodpeckers, but got a special treat from the Spotted one. It was not the first time to see it in Japan, but this time I got some decent images. So I indulged and took way too many.

Great Spotted Woodpecker,  アカゲラ






Nothing edible in there?


Found some!


moving some "heavy" material to get to the real good stuff.








This made my day :)

At the same time a flock of Siskins with a few Bramlings dropped by. 





Eurasian Siskin,  マヒワ



Below a Brown-eared Bulbul, ヒヨドリ. Is there a place in Japan where we don't see (and hear) these?

Watching the activities from up high


And last the Nuthatches. There were plenty around, but time was running out. I have to go back for a better shot some time.








1 comment: