Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 1 February 2015

5 days around Kyushu, part 3

After lunch we drove to Ibusuki to claim our favorite camping spot near the sports park. Jaap registered for the marathon, we took a hot spring bath and had an early night.
The morning of the 12th started with that marathon tune that is blasted around the premises. Hashiru hashiru! The start was extremely crowded. How many more runners participated this year? For Jaap this was the 5th time. He had a bad cold and didn’t care about his finishing time. The sun was out and the strong old wind held back till after 11:00, which was good for the runners, but not so good for the people who were cheering.
Anyway, he finished. And that was the main point. 




No, he is not my husband :)
I always go to pay my respect to the pipits who reside in the park.

 Olive-backed Pipits, ビンズイ








The vegetation in this place in south Kyushu is more subtropical than in Fukuoka. The White-eyes seemed to be confused by the size of the palm tree nuts.

Japanese White-eye, メジロ




No comments:

Post a Comment