Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 21 February 2013

Rain in Fukuoka


Rain was forecasted, so Junko and I decided to go out for just a couple of hours and explore the nearby forests. Bluetails and redstarts seem to be everywhere now. We noticed a big flock of siskins, the usual thrushes and some bullfinches perched on high treetops. It didn't take long before the drizzle started, but it wasn't cold and we hung around to see what else showed up. Lots action of around the Japanese wax trees and near the streams. It was a good day after all.


Bullfinch,  ウソ



Red-flanked Bluetail, ルリビタキ    in Japanese wax tree, Haze.
I found an interesting article on wax candles by Alice Gordenker, an American journalist in Tokyo

click HERE



Yellow-throated Bunting,  ミヤマホオジ









The yellow pollen around the bill of this Bulbul below had Junko confused and chasing it around the bush thinking it was something special. That could have been me.

Brown-eared Bulbul,  ヒヨドリ



今日の勉強:  黄色  kiiro  = yellow


No comments:

Post a Comment